Interested in submitting to London Runway? First, check the requirements below to ensure that your content will fit. We also recommend reading an issue or two to get a feel for our style and aesthetic.
We are not currently in a position to offer compensation to any contributors unless invited. We hope to change this in the future, but for now, we can only offer full credit and tearsheets.
Please note we currently only accept photographic submissions through Kavyar. You can read below our guidelines for all types of submission, but bear in mind that emailed editorials will NOT be accepted. We appreciate the basic courtesy of reading our guidelines and sticking to them!
If you are a writer looking to submit an editorial piece or interview, please submit work only if it meets the following requirements:
- Topics should be pitched first via our contact form or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles should be at least 1,000 to 1,500 words, with no maximum length; interviews should be conducted in person at a length of at least 20 minutes of talking
- The topic should be related to London, fashion, culture, arts, music, beauty, social issues/ethics (pick at least two from the list)
- Include a brief author bio of no more than 100 words to end the article. You may include one link in your bio
- All editorials and interviews should come with at least 5 royalty-free images, or images you have permission to use, with full credits
- Study our previously published articles in order to get a feel for our format. Introduce and end your article with italic sections. Paragraph headers are okay but not required
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish, to edit, or to reduce the length of any submitted editorials
- We now also accept fiction: please ensure our audience of predominantly female city-based fashion lovers will be able to connect with the subject of your writing, otherwise NO restrictions on form, length, or style
- Article submissions to email@example.com in .docx or .doc format
- Check our media kit for upcoming issue themes
We welcome submissions from photographers shooting both fashion shows and editorials. For shows only, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For editorials, find us at https://kavyar.com/london-runway-magazine
Editorials, to help you plan:
- At least 4-10 images with at least three different looks, though we prefer around seven looks
- Include full credits with your submission, including clothing names and prices and the names of everyone involved
- Unpublished images only
- By making a submission, you verify that you have the rights to the images, that you grant us permission to print them, and also that you grant us to reprint them in our annual anthology
- Submit at https://kavyar.com/london-runway-magazine
- View our inspiration boards on Pinterest for ideas we’re interested in: https://www.pinterest.com/londonrunwaymag/
- UK-based shows only, unless showcasing a British designer abroad
- No watermarks
- Timely: do not submit if a month or more has passed since the show
- Unpublished images preferred
- Include full credits with your submission, including date and location of show, and the press release if one has been provided
- Send via DropBox, WeTransfer, or Google Drive, etc
- Submit via our contact form or email@example.com
We are open to submissions of art in all genres. No rules here – except for being based in London, or having a strong connection to fashion if based elsewhere. Submit via our contact form – and surprise us.
We also have a portfolio showcase category open on Kavyar – only one slot is open per month, so your work must adhere to all guidelines and present a strong identity. Find it here: https://kavyar.com/london-runway-magazine