It’s incredible to think it’s already been a year – but here we go again!
As we have every year since 2019, we’re looking for a menswear and womenswear Face of London Runway for the twelve months ahead. Our final selection of ten models will be invited to a public voting round, where their portraits taken by our photographers will be used for the final judging. The winners get to enjoy a photoshoot with their face on the cover of the magazine, and help with their modelling careers both in catwalk and photoshoot routes. Not only that, but we feature all of the runners-up in the pages of the magazine throughout the year and beyond!
Just like last year, we’re putting out a virtual casting call for the first round. This means you can enter from anywhere around the UK – and even anywhere around the world, so long as you would be able to travel back to London for the in-person round and to claim your prize!
When you enter, we’ll be asking you to submit the following:
– A headshot and full-body shot. If you don’t have these, get someone to take them for you on their phone – or stand in front of a mirror and do a selfie. No makeup, plain hair, and wear simple, tight-fitting clothing (we will make an exception for those who wish to model modest fashion due to their religious beliefs)
– A short landscape-oriented video in which you say the following: “Hi, London Runway. My name is ______ and I’m going to be the new Face of London Runway 2022!” (again, filming it on just a phone is fine!)
– A filled-out form listing your name, physical measurements, contact details, and other information that we’ll need in order to consider you
We are throwing the doors wide open once again, so absolutely anyone can enter – no matter your age (so long as you are over 18), height, weight, skin colour, religious background, nationality, disability, gender identity – you get the picture! In previous years, our finalists included people from various racial backgrounds, plus-sized, androgynous, over-50s, LGBTQ+, and petite models, so don’t hold yourself back.
We will have two categories open for entry: menswear and womenswear. You can enter whichever category feels right to you, or even enter both if you wish. The category is nothing to do with your position on the gender binary, and we’ll consider all entrants equally. It simply indicates what style of clothing you’d be most comfortable modelling!
After making our first round of selections and getting your forms filled out, we invite everyone we think we could work with to Zoom rounds which are fast-paced, fun, and accessible from wherever you might be. We head into the semi-final with an in-person session to whittle it down to just ten of you for the final.
There will be no charge for entry at any stage of the casting process. Therefore, the only thing holding you back is yourself! Make sure to get your entries in before the closing date on the 27th May 2022.
AT A GLANCE
- Free to enter, and open to anyone over the age of 18
- All sizes, genders, races, religions, disabilities, and backgrounds considered
- Two categories, menswear and womenswear – you choose what’s comfortable to you!
- Enter with two images, a short video, and your personal stats
- Winners will be our cover stars and featured in the magazine throughout 2022/23!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By submitting your information, you’re giving us permission to email you with regards to your acceptance into the competition and to add you to our mailing list. You may retract your submission at any time with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desire to do so. The prizes are non-transferable and do not have any cash value, and may be subject to change or delay should governmental rules prevent us from fulfilling in-person prizes. London Runway reserves the right to disqualify an entry and the choice of the winner, as well as who goes through to each stage, is final. By entering, you agree not to take part in any fraudulent activity or cheating, such as by purchasing votes from fake accounts or strangers. Those who are found to have cheated or broken the rules, or acted in ways which are at direct odds with the spirit of fair competition and mature, professional behaviour, may be disqualified at our discretion.