Listening to the requests of you guys, we are back with our second annual London Runway Sustainability Awards! For those who missed it last year, this award puts the highlight on select brands truly making the giant leaps toward ethical and sustainable creativity and design. We had great responses from the first one, so we are even more excited to see the innovative brands and people this time around.
With two phases, we have the nominations and then the final public voting. Nominations will be accepted until the 15th of December. The public voting will commence in the December issue when we have our final nominations, and winners will be announced in the January issue!
Phase 1: Nominations
Comment on our social media platforms on what brand you nominate for the title in each category, or you can also fill out the form below.
The categories include:
- Best Sustainable Fashion Designer: the designer that devotes themselves and their work to environmentally friendly practices and methods
- Best Sustainable Accessories Brand: a sustainable, ethical accessories brand
- Best Cruelty-free and Sustainable Makeup Brand: a cruelty-free and ethical makeup brand
- Best Sustainable Store: the brand that has been at the forefront of sustainable, ethical fashion or production
- Best Sustainable Influencer of the Year: an individual that has promoted and encouraged a more eco-friendly way of life with a substantial social media presence
- Biggest Sustainable Breakthrough: a recent policy, change, or reform that has paved the ways for ecological change and positivity
Phase 2: Public Votes
Determined through your guys’ votes as well as our own in-team vetting of the brands, you will have a chance to vote for your favourite brand/person via the polls across our social media platforms! The nominees with the highest votes will win the title of Best Sustainability __ for each respective category.
The Winners: Collaborations, Digital Awards Ceremony and Prizes!
To celebrate the winning brands, there will be a live stream awards ceremony to chat in-depth with the winners and hear more about their story and ethos! The interviews will also give them a chance to speak on future sustainability goals and where they see the fashion industry going forward.
Prizes for Winners:
- Interview or Ad space
- Editorial shoot/spread with the brand’s products or the individual (safety measures will be taken in place)
- Promotional posts across all of our social media
- Title and recognition for sustainability efforts
If you know of any brands or creators that fit the bill, start nominating!
Fill out the form with the name of the designer/brand/initiative and the category name that you would like to nominate them for!