If you’ve been following us for a while, you’ll know that last year, we ran our first Face of London Runway competition. Following an open casting day, a tester photoshoot session, and then a public vote for our top ten selections, we crowned our inaugural Face of winners for the menswear and womenswear categories.
This year, we’re back to find our next faces for the twelve months ahead. The winners get to enjoy a photoshoot with their face on the cover of the magazine, help with walking in runway shows, and the chance to be put forward to agencies for consideration. Not only that, but we feature all of our runners-up in the pages of the magazine throughout the year and beyond!
If you think that you’ve got what it takes, then make sure you stay informed. You can sign up to our newsletter on our website, where you’ll get updates about all of our open opportunities. You can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook – we’re @londonrunwaymag on all of them.
Today, we hoped that we’d be able to announce an open casting date for the first round of selections. As things stand, we’re not able to do so just yet – with everyone on lockdown, particularly in London, it’s not easy to get a casting together. In order to get around this, we’ve thought up a brand new format for this year only, in which the first round will be a virtual call for entries.
We’ll be asking you to submit the following:
- A headshot and full-body shot. If you don’t have these, get someone to take them for you on their phone – or stand in front of a mirror and do a selfie. No makeup, plain hair, and wear simple, tight-fitting clothing (we will make an exception for those who wish to model modest fashion due to their religious beliefs)
- A short video in which you say the following: “Hi, London Runway. My name is ______ and I’m going to be the new Face of London Runway 2020!” (again, filming it on just a phone is fine!)
- A filled-out form listing your name, physical measurements, contact details, and other information that we’ll need in order to consider you
We are throwing the doors wide open this time around, so absolutely anyone can enter – no matter your age (so long as you are over 18), height, weight, skin colour, religious background, nationality, disability, gender identity – you get the picture!
We will have two categories open for entry: menswear and womenswear. You can enter whichever category feels right to you, or even enter both if you wish.
After making our first round of selections, we’ll go ahead with an in-person session to whittle it down to just ten of you as normal. As it stands, we aren’t sure when that will be, but we’ll be going ahead as soon as is possible to make sure we can crown our winners without too much of a wait.
If you want to get stuck in, you can find the entry forms below. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got to show us!
By submitting you agree to our Terms and Conditions (below).
The Face of London Runway 2020 call is now closed. All entrants can expect to hear back before 22nd May.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By submitting, you allow us to use your email address and other information to add you to our mailing list. Your information will not be shared with third parties without your permission.
- London Runway Ltd reserves the right to accept or reject entries at our own discretion, without the duty to inform entrants of the reasons.
- Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- You grant us permission to use your video as promotional material for the contest and for London Runway as a whole.
- When attending photoshoots or castings in-person as a result of the Face of London Runway 2020 competition, you grant London Runway Ltd the rights to use the subsequent images/videos/audio in any format and in perpetuity.
- You verify that all of the information included in the form is accurate and truthful to the best of your knowledge, while accepting that any information found to be fraudulent could result in your disqualification.
- One model can only win one category. Therefore, those who enter both menswear and womenswear categories cannot win both. There will be 2 (two) overall winners.
- London Runway Ltd is not responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of submitting this form or attending sessions when put through to further rounds
- The end date of the competition as well as the structure may be subject to change due to the difficulties incurred by the global COVID-19 situation.
- The prize, once awarded, is predicated on the availability of the model to attend in-person photoshoots in London. London Runway Ltd is not responsible for any expenses incurred in getting to the photoshoot or taking part.
- The prize is non-transferable and has no monetary value.